There's a New Moon on February 1 at 00.47 a.m. EST at 12 degrees Aquarius giving us the opportunity for a fresh start both personally and collectively, and is the same day as the Lunar New Year and the beginning of the year for those who practice Chinese astrology.
The New Moon is always the time to fast if you can, and set a new intention. The brakes aren't quite off yet until February 3 when transiting Mercury goes direct again so that you can now move ahead with the ideas and plans you had gestating within you over the past few weeks during the retrograde period. You may have found that the things you previously wanted to do as 2022 began have shifted as a result of this Mercury retrograde period, which is often a good thing. Another important retrograde defined our entry into 2022 and that was Venus retrograde which lasted around six weeks and finally went direct again on January 29. This is a powerful retrograde but also can be disruptive, forcing us to face the results of some chaos that may have come our way in the difficult year of 2021. Now, we can use what we may have learned, especially in the area of love and relationships, to propel us forward towards a better and more confident 2022.
This New Moon energy is all about breaking out of a mold into a new way of life which involves more humanitarian or spiritual issues. This Aquarian energy also rules the nervous system, and so a good time to practice diligently pranayama breathing exercises to balance this rather high-octane energy and re-charge.
Another new beginning is the Chinese Year of the Water Tiger. Last year, was the Year of the Metal Ox with its focus on hard work, limitation and a fairly pragmatic outlook. The influence now will be very different because the Chinese zodiac Tiger is known for power, daring and a desire to live on a grand scale, with often intense emotions and big decisions coming your way. Tigers are courageous and make good leaders. They like to do things their way and make things happen. They have a certain "joie de vivre" and so we should begin to feel more fun and zest this year but the downside can be rebellion and quick tempers flaring.
Although the Chinese animals change every twelve years, because there are also five elements involved, the Water Tiger is only every sixty years with the last one in 1962. I just Googled the headlines and below are a few of the more memorable moments that we might associate with the rather exciting, dangerous, flamboyant Water Tiger:
- John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit the Earth in February of 1962
- The Cuban Missile Crisis when USSR plans to deploy Missiles in Cuba brings the world to the brink of world war,
- Marilyn Monroe serenades President Kennedy on his birthday. and on August 4 is found dead after apparently overdosing on sleeping pills.
- Rioting on University of Mississippi campus following Black student James Meredith attempting to enroll
- Oral Polio Vaccine developed by Albert Sabin given to millions of children to combat Polio.
1. An incredible 7-planet configuration (known as a stellium) took place on February 4/5, 1962 in the sign of Aquarius during the time of a total solar eclipse. Many astrologers believe this was the beginning of the New Age and was certainly the beginning of a new counter culture. However, the real significance of the 1962 configuration was taking place behind, or one might say above, the scenes. These actions by Masters and Ascended Masters from The Spiritual Hierarchy of Earth together with Interplanetary Intelligences known as Cosmic Masters who have been assisting humanity for many thousands of years, were absolutely astounding. You can read about this fascinating cosmic response in The Aetherius Society's Blog: Out of Darkness Into Light.
2. The Nine Freedoms delivered to Earth by the Karmic Lord, Mars Sector 6 in 1961 through the advanced Mediumship of the Founder of The Aetherius Society, Dr. George King was published in 1962 and available to humanity for the first time, transforming the mind belt of our planet with its advanced Interplanetary Wisdom.
Now we have a glimpse into the last Water Tiger year, we can only speculate the types of things that could be happening sixty years later. As an astrologer, I believe absolutely in the cyclical nature of events. While the past cannot be changed or recaptured, its tone should be noted. Every sixty years, according to Chinese astrology, humanity has an opportunity to reach for the good and so evolve, and leave behind that which holds us back.
So, despite the difficulties and continuing chaos in our world, we have a fantastic opportunity to make a difference, just as we had in 1962. We can do this by cooperating with the advanced Masters of the Spiritual Hierarchy of Earth and Interplanetary Masters who are, in great sacrifice and compassion for us and our Earth, are always on standby to help despite our disregard or even disbelief. We can help through our prayers, our service, our healing, and by joining in one of the many activities you will find on the wonderful Spiritual organization of which I'm a longtime Member, The Aetherius Society.
One thing is sure, 2022 will be a year of impact, and we can play our part to help ensure that the forces of light will win, through our positive thoughts, our prayers and desires to help at this crossroads in our evolution. Another thing is sure is that the more we do this, the more the truly Great Ones, who sacrifice so very much to assist us, can do even more. As always, The Aetherius Society will be on full alert to help whenever and wherever needed in our world; we invite you to join us in this high spiritual cause. Today, each of us is needed more than ever before.
It is the Year of the Tiger; let us allow the bravery of the Tiger - the First Freedom of The Nine Freedoms - to inspire us to ever more potent spiritual action in 2022!